I’m finally feeling creative again after a days-long crash following my exciting reading. Creative–but wildly unfocused.
My brain is trying to think of the following things simultaneously:
- The status of my fellowship application to a writers’ community
- What to enter in a Bay Area poetry contest coming up
- Plans for compiling my first full-length poetry manuscript, and whether I could get it together in time to submit to a certain press by their annual deadline
- Which memoir-style piece to tackle next for my nonfiction project
- Two different ideas brought up recently for collaborative pieces with poets I know
- Bits and pieces from pretty much all of my old poems, thanks to recent work of pasting them into a new format
- Submission to a women’s magazine whose reading period just began
- A community chapbook I have been thinking of getting together and whether I should go ahead and send out calls for submissions.
And…Hamilton lyrics, which are awesome poetry but an immense distraction when they keep popping up during any of the above.